Cast Stainless Steel Shot
CHRONITAL is used in all applications where non-rusting materials such as aluminum, zinc, stainless steel, brass, bronze, etc. are blasted.
CHRONITAL’s large spectrum of grain sizes makes it perfect for cleaning, de-burring, hardening and surface finishing of all types of castings, forgings, profiles, wire and welded structural parts, without the possibility that rust could discolor the bright surface due to ferritic dust.
CHRONITAL distinguishes itself by having a high percentage of spherical grains and by its compactness. The end result is low consumption, high performance and low machine wear.
Using CHRONITAL on smooth and textured pavers brings out the stones unique appearance, and the possibility of developing unsightly rust spots on the surface of blasted concrete and granite stones due to the remains of ferritic particles is ruled out.
Chemical composition: C ~ 0,17%, Cr ~ 18%, Ni ~ 10%
Apparent density: ~ 4,7 g/cm3 (~ 293 lb/ft3)
Hardness: on delivery ~ 300 HV (~ 30 HRC), as operating mix ~ 475 HV (~ 47 HRC)
Main fields of application:
Blast cleaning, deburring, surface finishing, surface-improvement
- All types of aluminium castings and forgings
- Zinc pressure die castings
- Non-ferrous metals and special alloys
- Stainless steel castings and forgings
- Machinery and welded structures in stainless steel
- Concrete and natural stones
CHRONITAL offers the following advantages:
- Great durability
- Short blasting times
- Bright appearance
- Rust-free surfaces
- Reduced wear of blast cleaning equipment
- Low waste disposal costs
- Dust-free blasting process
Blasting of metals...
- For efficient deburring
- For bright appearance
- For surface preparation prior to coating
- For smooth and textured surfaces
- For non-slip surfaces
- For dramatic appearance